Sunday, August 24, 2008

The advantages of buy web hosting

buy web hosting directory

1000th Blog Posts

Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:51:01 +0000
In celebration of our 1000th blog post we will be taking orders for the audio version of the blog on the soon to be released cassette Blogging it Old School. The cassette will cover all 1000 posts as read by beloved actor Ben Stein.
I hope you have enjoyed the first 1000 posts and I look ...]

Web hosting is a very legitimate need for most individuals and businesses. Unfortunately it is also an urgent need for hackers and spammers of many kinds. These people will always try to sign up for cheap hosting accounts, especially if there is an x months for free promo. Worse: they will also sign up for more expensive hosting accounts using stolen credit card info!

Could this be a new hacker tool?

Four Kinds of Links

Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:31:53 GMT
Links are an important component in an online marketing campaign. Websites usually need a significant number of quality links to perform well in organic search rankings.

On the Wal-Mart-ized Web...

Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:39:00 -0400

Liam says this week's most important trend is web hosting providers' continued expansion of data center footprints. The strong demand for hosting facilities seems like a good sign. At the same time, there are a number of outside-world developments that folks in the hosting business ought to keep an eye on.



1. On Wednesday, in addition to officially releasing RHEL5, Red Hat announced that it will soon launch an open source marketplace called Red Hat Exchange (RHX). As Business Week reports, Red Hat will guarantee the compatibility of RHX products with its platform AND provide tech support for each and every 3rd party product on the exchange. In addition, RHX will allow end users to submit ratings, read reviews and compare notes.



2. Later that afternoon, Microsoft said it will buy Tellme Networks. The Associated Press thinks the deal is worth $800 million to $1 billion.



3. Less than a day later, Cisco announced that it has agreed to acquire WebEx for $3.2 billion (or $2.9 billion, if you deduct WebEx's $300 million cash balance).



4. And last but not least Google sort of confirmed that it's working on a mobile phone.



It's a Wal-Mart-ized web; every Big Co wants to assemble a broader range of more seamlessly integrated products for a wider and better networked audience. This leaves less and less of a market for old school vendors who sell standalone widgets to isolated prospects.



For instance, consider 1&1's recent survey of 765 small business owners. Andreas says 100% of the respondents agree that the absence of a company website is bad for sales, but there's much more to these customers' operations beyond setting up a web presence. Might they not benefit from Zoho or ThinkFree powered productivity apps? SharePoint based collaboration? CRM?



More importantly, Andreas counts "hundreds of thousands of US small businesses" among his customers. As such, one super valuable feature that he's uniquely positioned to deliver is a 1&1 social network through which customers can connect with potential vendors, partners and buyers. I feel like 1&1 is really missing out by amassing a sizable community without leveraging it for its members' benefit.



As SWSoft CEO Serguei Beloussov likes to point out, 1&1 and its competitors have sold tens of millions of "web hosting 1.0" accounts, which collectively generate billions in annual revenue. He's absolutely right - but as you see above, the world's not standing still...





Go to Hostican.com

Is this sad or what?

GoDaddy Launches Premium Listings at $4.99 per month

Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:18:05 +0000
Go Daddy and the Domain Name Aftermarket (TDNAM) have teamed up to help you sell your domain names. You set your price and we do the rest—from initial listing to depositing the proceeds into your account.

Your domain names will appear in the “Premium Domain Names” section of our domain search page—potentially visible to over ...]

Featured buy web hosting Items



I've been with hostgator since around August of 2004. I signed up with a
reseller account to use as hosting for both myself and clients. My problems
began about a year ago with them, sometime in February or March of 2005 when one
of my sites was getting too much traffic. Now, I'm no fool. I understand that
shared hosting oversells and anyone who uses too many resources, even if still
within their quota, gets kicked off. What really shocked me, though, was no
warning. Not even emailing me after they had done it. Nothing, nada. I found out
by a member of the site that was suspended, someone I didn't even know, tracking
down my phone number and calling me.



I went to a dedicated server after that, but I kept my hostgator account for the
sites that were already hosted on it - about three client sites, as well as this
site right here.



Two days ago I come to post a blog and hmm, I get the suspended page. That's
weird. I check my email - no notices there. I log into their billing system -
nope, account not past due. What the heck? So I go to their online support chat
and ask them what's going on. I'm informed that I haven't paid my invoice. What
invoice? I have no invoice. I check my bank and I see that I in fact have not
paid them since January. But man, I could've swore I put it on automatic pay.
And hey, if there's no invoice, how can I pay anyway?! Isn't this a problem on
their end? They tell me I need to email sales.



Okay... so I email sales. 12 hours later, they email me back and inform me I
have an invoice, charging me all the way back to October. Uhhh? I KNOW I paid in
January, I have it in my bank statement. I check their billing system, and they
don't even have a backlog of that payment. Something really funky is going on
now. Their system is screwed up, but no matter who I talk to (and oh, I've
talked to everyone) nobody seems to know what's going on. Sales doesn't talk to
support, online support doesn't talk to phone support, so who the hell knows.



Strangely enough, while on the phone with a support guy who informed me I just
need to pay the invoice and then dispute it afterwards, I received an email from
a different support person that my account had been reactivated, and thank you
for the payment. Whaaat? Uh, whatever. At this point I'm just going to take what
I can get and run. Now I at least have backups of all my sites and am moving
them.



It's just astounding how bad a service this has been. I even posted on their
forums about it, in their "Customer Review" section, and it gets MOVED to
another section because I can't post a bad customer review simply because I
haven't paid. HELLO. I WANT TO PAY, JUST NOT MORE THAN I OWE. I NEED AN INVOICE.



Other problems I've had? Well, let's see. About a week ago my sites reverted
back a day and I could get no explanation on why. I had JUST looked at my access
logs the day before, happy about a new site that was already getting hits, and
the next day - logs are back to a day before. Weird. I contact online support
(bad idea, since it's always horrible support) and they have no idea. I guess I
imagined things?



UPDATE 4-20-07: Well, they finally just simply decided to take their bogus bonus
from my credit card that was filed with them, despite the fact that it's
incorrect, I didn't approve of the payment, or anything else. I've never seen
such bad service, support in my life. I can't even be bothered to dispute it
it's just so amazingly horrible.



UPDATE 10-18-07: I'm still with them, why? I don't know - so lazy when it comes
to my own websites. Anyway, so a couple days ago I notice my "main" reseller
account, the site is completely missing. Email is no longer working. I log into
Cpanel to see that it appears my whole site has disappeared. Cute!



Click Here to go to hostican website.


We hope that what we have stated here on buy web hosting is indeed inspiring to you, the reader. With this inspiration, learn even more about buy web hosting.
#







Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions (Kaptest.com)
Productivity and entertainment at home or on the go


cheap web site hosting uk
cheap website hosting
cheapest web hosting
christian web hosting
|

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home